Around a third of us start the new year with a goal of losing weight, with around the same vowing to eat more healthily and exercise more. If the January blues are setting in and the Christmas leftovers are calling your name, motivation to stick to your slimming goals can be tough. Here’s our top non-scale victories that can help you feel motivated on your weight loss journey.
Non-scale victories are little signs that show you that your efforts are working, even if the number on the scale isn’t dropping as fast as you would like!
- Many dieters find they sleep better, so you might be feeling more rested. If you’ve cut out sugar and processed carbs, you should be finding it easier to drop off at night.
- Cutting out junk and drinking more water makes a real difference to your skin. Are you looking more glowy?
- Are you feeling more energised? Fuelling your body the right way, and getting in regular exercise both give your energy levels a boost. Dumping the junk food should leave you feeling ready and raring to go, instead of sluggish.
- If you’re hitting the gym, your body is getting stronger. Take note of how your ability at the gym improves. Can you run for longer on the treadmill, or pick up heavier weights? Feel proud of this progress, not just your shrinking waistline.
- Remember to take measurements, because you could be losing inches even if you’re not dropping pounds. Remember to give yourself a pat on the back if you notice you’re using a new beltloop, or it’s not quite such a struggle to get into your skinny jeans in the morning.
Weight loss can be a slow journey, but these little victories on the way can help you to keep going, instead of giving up and running back to the biscuit tin. If you need an extra helping hand, find up to 50% off selected weight loss aids at Chemist Direct.